Monday, March 1, 2010

Where is my head...?

I never miss things. Important things like class at uni, or meetings at work. So why am I now?! Maybe I have too many things going on, and I just can't seem to keep them all in check? I doubt it. There's so many times that I'm just at home doing nothing...like now. And I love being busy. Sitting at home by myself seems like a waste of time sometimes. But then again at times it's great to just be there and watch a movie or something...

Anyway, I hope that I can keep my head screwed on, cause I've got a MASSIVE year ahead of me. Honours has been going for a month, and it only now seems like it's starting up. The Christian group at uni (ES) is also starting up now, and that brings a whole new lot of things onto my plate. But that's not a bad thing. I sound like I'm complaining, but really I'm not. I love all of the things that I'm doing and really enjoy them. And I love being busy, because when I'm not, I go crazy. It's just sometimes it's overwhelming. I don't know how I'd do everything without the peace and sense of purpose that God has given me. I mean I know that what I'm doing is His plan for my life, and even though I don't know where my life is heading, I know that this year I'm doing those things which He wants me to do...except maybe my job. But that's another story. People think that I spend so much time doing ES stuff, and that I do so much, but how can I not?! ES is helping encourage people in their faith. It's sharing the gospel with those who don't know it, or believe it (although I don't think I do much of this). What can be more important than those things?! I'd spend all my time doing that if I could, and maybe one day that's what I'll be doing. But for now it's not. And sometimes I think that my studies are actually taking away from the time I can spend sharing and learning about the gospel and God, but without them I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have the opportunities that I have.

I'm not really sure where this entry is heading, or even if it's heading somewhere. I'm just writing and things are coming out. I think that's a good thing about having a blog...you can write and see what you're really thinking. There's something so satisfying about not having to plan what you're going to write and not really thinking about how it sounds. It makes it more real. I can't wait to come back to this and see what I've written and see how I was feeling at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment