Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's on your mind?

Some times I wonder what's on my mind. Quite a lot of the time I wonder if there's really anything at all on my mind. What is it that I think about in the quiet times, reflection times, thoughtful times. Thinking about it (pun not really intended) I'm not really sure that I have 'quiet times'. My life is so busy with so many things in it that I just don't sit down and think. I don't contemplate the day, I don't meditate on God's word, I don't think about things. I'm not saying that I never think and everything that I do is purely by chance. I think about relationships, what I'm going to be doing in the next few days etc. I just don't think that I think enough about the things that really matter. I want to be someone who thinks about life, who thinks about God and how His love, mercy and grace affect my life and the lives of those around me. When I have 'free time' I seem to spend it on the computer mindlessly on facebook or checking emails. Alternatively I watch movies/tv shows which makes me think about things in an escaped reality.

Can I really change that? Can I really become someone who thinks more? Maybe with my new job it'll give me the chance to focus on God's word and how it relates to University students. Maybe it will give me the chance to think about how it relates to me and my life. That's something to think about. What do you think about?

No comments:

Post a Comment