Friday, March 11, 2011

What to do with a life

ok so I was thinking today. Big step I know, especially since I've been sick for a week. Anyway, I was thinking about all the things that I would like to do with my time and the things I would like to change. I've realised that I have no idea what I do with my time and that I need to use it more efficiently. The question is, what do I do with this time? There seems to be many things to do, but what is really of any benefit? I see people with neat houses and the dishes always done and think 'I should really spend more time doing housework, so that I'm not living in a dump'. Then I see people who are really great at making time for other people and really investing in their lives and i think 'I should really spend more time investing in relationships with other people'. Then I go to people's places and they've prepared an awesome, healthy meal and I think 'I should really cook more and eat healthier'. Then I hear about people who are so well read that I can't imagine having read that many books and think' I should really spend more time reading, especially books with meaning'. Then I see people who haven't got weight issues and think 'I really should exercise more if I want to loose some weight'.

The though occured to me today that it's really not at all possible to do everything, so what is it that we should be focusing on? Is it possible to do a little bit more of each of these good pursuits? Is that even a realistic option? And then there's the question of what things I would rather be doing? I would take catching up with a friend over the dishes any day, but those things still need doing. Also, what do I spend my time on, if not the things that I want to be better at/have more time for. Sometimes I just feel as if my head is going to explode with all of the issues and ideas that are going around in it. That's why I procrastinate so much and end up doing nothing, or things that really don't matter, such as writing this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment