Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dreaming of travel

My brother and his partner are heading overseas in April to explore the wonders of Europe. I'm so happy that they have this chance to go and see a part of the world that neither of them have seen before, but at the same time I'm totally jealous. Since spending a year in the Netherlands in 2006, then heading to West Timor in Dec 2007 for a 2 week mission exposure trip, I've been hit with the travel bug. Unfortunately I haven't been anywhere since West Timor, meaning I haven't been anywhere in over 3 years. That may not seem like a long time to many people, especially those who are not inclined to travel, but for me, it's a lifetime. I'm not saying that I want to leave everything that I'm doing here in Adelaide, because I believe that this is the place that God wants me to be and I'm doing the things that I believe God wants me to do. The thing is that I keep dreaming about heading overseas and I just can't seem to get there.

Now I've started a job which I'm locked into for 2 years, with no chance of overseas travel. I'm hoping that in this time I can have some holidays around Australia and see a bit more of this beautiful country. I'm excited about that, but it's just not the same. There are so many places around the world that I want to go to, and so many things I want to see. At the moment though, I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming and maybe even start planning some travels for 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment